As an American, we have seen many national disasters. Earthquakes, fires, hurricanes, mudslides, tornadoes. And sadly we've also seen many horrible evils that have taken many lives as well. These all effect our lives worldwide.
With recent outbreak of tornadoes in the Southern plains and Midwest, I didn't want to feel helpless. Being a Texan, I've seen first hand the devastation that can be caused by a tornado. As a child, we practiced tornado drills. At home, there have been scary nights were I have taken shelter in my bathroom, listening to a faint sound of wail of a siren going off near by. Nothing is more hopeless than knowing that strength of Mother Nature and her destruction.
So I sent out emails to some of my favorite authors about an idea of raffling off items to those who help with the Oklahoma tornado relief.
Before I state who the authors are, let me explain how you can win one of these items.
There are many ways that you can help, but I'm sticking to the American Red Cross. There are two ways to give aid to the Red Cross:
- You can donate any amount to their website: http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
- You can donate $10 by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999
You can also donate blood! Really any donation, big or small, will help those in need. And without saying, since the Red Cross is a 501(3) charity, you can claim the donation on your 2013 taxes next year.
Now to enter to win one of the raffle prizes, all you have to do is either sent me a receipt or a photo (with all personal information blackened out) of your donation to Writer_Nollie_07@yahoo.com.
Now what are some of the prizes you ask? Well the following awesome authors have personally donated some wonderful items to be raffled:
- Aimee Agresti, author of the Illuminate saga, has donated a signed copy of one of her books.
- Wendy Higgins, author of the Sweet Evil saga, has signed 5 Sweet Evil saga bookmarks.
- Page Morgan, author of The Beautiful and the Cursed, has donated a signed copy of her book.
- Jessica Shirvington, author of Violet Eden series and Between the Lives, has donated an audio copy of Entice.
- Lauren Kate, author of the Fallen saga and Teardrop novel (Oct. 22), has given a Fallen hardcover box set!
- E.L. James, author of the Fifty Shades trilogy, has donated a signed box set of Fifty Shades.
- Ruth Clampett, author of Animate Me, has donated a signed copy of Animate Me in addition to an Juan Ortiz cup drawing or storyboard not shown in the book.
- Shay Savage, author of Surviving Raine and Otherwise Alone, has donated a signed copy of Surviving Raine.
- S. L. Scott, author of Naturally, Charlie, A Prior Engagement and others, has donated A Prior Engagement ebook.
To win any of these items, write which author(s) you would like to win when you email me your receipt/photo and you'll be entered into that author's raffle. You can enter to win many author prizes under your single donation. If you donate blood though, I'll add a second entry for you. This raffle is anonymous. All names will be put into a spreadsheet and I'll draw names to pick the winners.
Fairly simple. Donate, email me receipt/photo and you'll be entered to win. You have until 1 pm EST on June 30th to enter. I'll announce the winners July 1st. Sorry everyone International, these raffles are only open to those in the USA. (Update 06/25/13: E.L. James has approved to open her raffle to International fans! Those outside of the US who want to enter her raffle, same rules apply above.)
Any questions, you can email me as well. And thank you to everyone who donates.
♥ My thoughts and prayers go out to all effect by recent tornadoes! ♥